Outdoor camera - reset / factory setting
Modified on: Mon, 30 May, 2022 at 1:55 PM
If the outdoor camera is already connected to an elements account and registered in the elements app, it is absolutely necessary (for a complete factory reset) to remove it from the app first.
To do this, please proceed as follows:
The outdoor Camera is now logged out of your Elements account, but is still connected to your router and the video server.
- click on the "3 horizontal stripes" at the top left of the main view of the elements app.
- click on [Elements]
- click on the [outdoor camera] to be deleted
- click on the [rubbish bin] in the top right-hand corner and confirm the deletion process (see picture on the right).
To disconnect the outdoor camera from the video server and router, proceed as follows:
Step 2 (Camera - Reset)
- switch on the camera (plug in the power supply).
- wait at least 90 seconds until the camera has started completely.
- press and hold the reset button on the connection box (approx. 20 sec.) until you hear a soft "click" of the camera's relay and the red LED lights up permanently.
- disconnect the power supply to the camera for approx. 2 seconds and wait at least 90 seconds until the camera has fully restarted.
|If at the end of the login procedure you receive an error message that the outdoor Camera should be reset for security reasons, proceed as follows:|
- disconnect the mains power supply from the camera
- click on the 3 horizontal stripes in the upper left corner
- click on [Elements]
- click on the [+] symbol in the bottom right corner
- click on [Smart Cameras & Doorbell].
- click on [outdoor camera]
- click on WLAN / LAN (depending on how you want to set up your camera)
- after you have connected your camera to the power supply, wait approx. 90 seconds and then click on next.
- when prompted to press the reset button for 10 seconds, please press it for 20 sec until you hear a soft "click" of the camera's relay and the red LED lights up permanently.
- now please continue to follow the instructions of the app
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.