Use without base
The Smart Doorbell from Gigaset also runs "stand alone", which means that an elements base is not absolutely necessary. However, not all functions can then be used.
Problems with registration
As with all Wi-Fi products, there are various reasons that can cause problems on setting it up . Please try this:
- The Smart Doorbell must be connected to an single access point. If you are using a mesh network, please connect the camera to the nearest access point. To do this, the smartphone should be connected to the same mesh point. When you get to the Wi-Fi setup, the same network appears multiple times, in order of strength. You need to select your network at the top of the list as this is the access point your camera is connected to. If you are not sure you can plug out the other mesh cubes for 1 min to be sure to connect to the nearest. Do not set up the Smart Doorbell while its Internet line is heavily used.
- The camera only works with the 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi band. Although the 5 GHz band offers a faster connection speed, the 2.4 GHz band offers a longer range. You are using a Peer-to-Peer direct connection.
- Do not set up the Smart Doorbell while its Internet line is heavily used.
- Test the WLAN connection with the door closed with a speed test or a WhatsApp video call on your smartphone.
- When prompted to reset the Smart Doorbell, remove the doorbell from its holder and press the reset button for 15 seconds. Please contact our Service center if you don’t get it connected.
- There must be 9.6W - 15W on the bell wire to which the Doorbell is connected, otherwise the Doorbell cannot work properly.
- Your WLAN password should not contain any special characters such as §,$, & or similar and should not contain more than 20 characters.
- Please use a WPA2 key for the connection, not the WPS button.
- If the smartphone has already accessed the camera's WLAN, it should be deleted from the smartphone's saved WLAN networks.
The location query on the smartphone must be granted for the camera.
If the doorbell is to be registered with another router, it is absolutely necessary to delete it from the elements system in the doorbell settings of the elements app using the " rubbish bin" function. Before disconnecting the doorbell from the power supply, it must be reset by pressing the reset button on the back of the doorbell for approx. 10 seconds. (The doorbell must still be connected to the Internet).
Then wait approx. one minute until the doorbell has booted up again. Now it can be disconnected from the power supply.
Bell does not work
After installing the Smart Doorbell and the Power Kit Adapter, you still need to activate the mechanical chime in the elements app. For safety reasons, the mechanical chime is switched off in the elements App because the doorbell can be damaged if the Power Kid Adapter is not installed. To switch on the mechanical chime in the elements app, proceed as follows:
- open the elements app
- go to the settings of the Smart Doorbell
- scroll to the item [Mechanical doorbell] and switch the switch to [on].
- now you will be informed that the Power Adapter Kid is also connected correctly and confirm with [next].
Restrictions with the powerline adapter
There are reports that LED lights / LED-Stripes that are operated with Power Line can reduce the bandwidth of the WLAN connection and limit the performance. If you see such behavior please check with your electrician if Power Line is still good for you.