For all settings and configurations described here, you must have both the Gigaset elements app installed on your smartphone as well as a Gigaset elements account. If you have problems with account creation, here is a detailed guide that will take you through the registration process.
Receive push notifications (Android settings)
If you do not receive push messages from Gigaset Smart Home on your smartphone, please check the following:
1.) With Andriod 10, the background update of some apps is inactive. To change this, please open the Menu → Settings → DuraSpeed and switch the Gigaset elements app to "active".
2.) Is your smartphone connected to your user account? To do so, please go to the 3 crossbars in your Gigaset elements app and to [System]. Please click on [Notifications]. On the next page, please press "Select which event should generate push notifications" under "PUSH NOTIFICATIONS" and see if your smartphone appears in the list displayed. Is this not the case? Please uninstall the Gigaset elements app, switch the smartphone off and on again. If the smartphone is available again, please install the Gigaset elements app. After successful installation, log in with your smartphone. A message will appear asking if you want to add your smartphone to the Gigaset elements app. Please confirm this with "Yes".
3.) Have you selected events for which you want to receive push notifications in the Gigaset elements app under "System" → "Notification" → "Select which event should generate push notifications " → "Your smartphone name"?
4.) Is your smartphone connected to the Internet via WLAN or the 3G? Push messages are sometimes received faster over WLAN than over 3G.
5.) Have you updated your smartphone's operating system to the latest version? iOS devices that are not yet running on an up-to-date version often do not receive push messages.
Please note that the transmission of push messages depends on Apple (for iPhone) and Google (for smartphones with Android), which do not guarantee that 100% of push messages will be transmitted.
Receive push notifications, events and videos (elements app settings)
With the default settings of the elements app, you will receive push notifications, events and videos. If you no longer receive notifications, it may be because you have enabled privacy in the Gigaset elements app.
If you have set your smart home system to Home, Individual or Night mode, you can also activate privacy. This means that the Gigaset camera will no longer record and no event messages from the Gigaset sensors will be displayed in the event list. An exception to this is Homecoming and the alarm. Both are also displayed when privacy is enabled.
You can disable privacy in the elements app as follows:
- Please open the elements app and click on the 3 horizontal stripes on the top left and then on [Configuration].
- In the following window, you will see the [Alarm Mode] and select the mode to be set [Home], [Night] or [Individual] below it.
- Move the slider at [Privacy] to the left to disable the [Privacy] function.
This will give you events in your list again. The Gigaset camera also records again as desired.
Please note that registration of new sensors and calibration of sensors is not possible when privacy is enabled.
Another reason why you don't get push messages may be that push messages are turned off in the elements app. To turn them on or change them, do the following:
- Please open the elements app and click on the 3 horizontal stripes on the top left and then on [System].
- In the following window click on [Notifications], scroll down the page in the next window and click on Push Messages.
- Now you can select the device that should receive the push messages.
- Slide the push notification slider of a [Homecoming], [Alarm], [System Status] and [Camera] to the right to enable notifications.
Receive call notifications in the elements app
To receive call notifications you need to connect your Gigaset Go box to its elements app. To do this, simply follow the steps below:
- Open the elements app.
- Click on [Elements] and on the [+] sign.
- Select the [Go-Box] and follow the further instructions in the elements app.
During the login it is important that you are not logged into the web interface of the Go-Box. The smartphone and the Go-Box also need to be logged into the same network.
If the registration is completed successfully, you will see the missed and received calls in the elements app in the future.
Please note that querying the answering machine still works via [Remote query]. For more information on remotely querying the answering machine, please refer to the operating instructions for your Gigaset phone.
If you do not receive notifications in the elements app, your Go-Box may be configured incorrectly. For instructions on how to configure your Go-Box correctly, please click here.
Show names instead of numbers for call notifications
If only phone numbers and no names from the contact list are displayed in the Element app, this is due to the setting of the Android system of your smartphone.
To adjust the settings, please follow the steps below:
- Open the settings on your Android smartphone.
- Navigate to Apps & Notifications → Show all apps → Gigaset elements
- In the Gigaset elements settings, click on Permissions and then on Contacts
- Allow Gigaset elements to access your contacts
Change the notification tone for the elements app
In the default setting, the Gigaset smart home system uses the notification tones set in your smartphone. You can change these directly in the settings of your smartphone.
The sound setting in the elements app offers an additional setting option. You can activate this as follows:
- Please open the elements app.
- Click on the 3 horizontal stripes on the top left and please select the menu item [System] at the bottom.
- In the next menu, please select [Notifications]. Sometimes it may take a moment until the [Sound] setting is displayed.
Under the menu item [Sound] you can make all settings individually. For example, if you click on [Alarm], you have the choice between the manufacturer's own sounds.
Once the appropriate sound has been selected, click [←] at the top left. You will return to the overview.