What are apps?
The many apps (short form for applications) extend the possibilities of using your smartphone. An app is a small computer program that you can simply download and use directly.
Today there is an app for almost every interest.
You can find a good overview in the rankings of the most popular apps in the Google Play Store. You'll find apps from newspapers, social media like Facebook and Instagram, online banking, and public transportation.
Google Play is an online store where you can download all the apps you need.
Note: The first time you start your smartphone, you'll be asked to sign in to Google using your Gmail account. We suggest you register, otherwise you won't be able to download apps. You may be asked to provide a credit card when you register. You don't need to do this, as many apps are free.
To install an app, simply follow these step-by-step instructions:
1. open the Google Play store
2. Search for the wanted app (in this example we are looking for the Gigaset elements App)
3. Listing of the selection
4. Select the wanted app
5. Click install
6. Once the installation is complete, you can open the app and the app icon will be created on the home screen of your smartphone.
If you no longer need an installed app, you can easily uninstall it. Follow these step-by-step instructions:
1. Press and hold the app icon you want to uninstall
2. Drag the app icon to the top right of the uninstall button
3. Answer the question with OK